Saturday, January 22, 2011

To Speed or Not to Speed


I've got a few hours to myself because the little man went to bed extremely early this evening, which means he'll be up in the middle of the night looking at me all crazy. But, for now I'm free!

I finally got my desk cleaned off and put my to do list and goals for the year on paper. Both are staring down on me from their perch on my bulletin board right now. I feel a sense of accomplishment just from getting them printed out and up there. My inspiration is, "And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain on tables, that he may run that reads it." Habakkuk 2:2

I am the runner. And I need to see it written plainly and run towards the vision and all that make it possible. I have to imagine myself running.....not waking, because only running relays the sense of urgency I feel about my life now. It seems like my thirties just flew by and next month I'll be turning 44. Hell, that's almost midway my life if I live to be in my late eighties (I'm hoping for 100). So, I have a lot of living to get done in this second act. I've got places to see and people to meet. I want to do and experience so many things while I'm able.

I read an article this morning about a new movement in "Slow Living." The point of slow living is to do everything on purpose and be conscious of doing it. For instance eating more slowly and enjoying the experience. Really paying attention to everything and taking it in slowly. I think that's an interesting concept. I'm surprised someone else has finally come around to my way of thinking about things. I like to pay attention to the little things and enjoy the movement of my life. I'm so thankful for everything in my life right now I can't even tell you. Many times every day I thank God for my life, my family and my friends.

Here's to slow livin'. I think I'll have a glass of wine and practice living slow.

No comments: