Friday, December 08, 2006

Dual Dating 101

So, finals are over and I have a few weeks off before the next quarter starts. I've decided to use said two weeks to get my dating life jump started. It has been as dead as a door nail!

The first step in this endeavor has been to hit up a few on line dating sites. To say the least - it has been a trip. I've gotten responses from the looniest people on earth. I kid you not. One white gentleman is especially enamored with me, at the ripe old age of 75! Okay, I'm attracted to older men but damn! Then there are the Africans. No, real Africans, from Africa. Sir, I am not coming to Africa, nor can I offer you a "green card". (Well not for free anyway) What is going on? Then there are the guys with pictures of their chests, arms, and backs in various stupid muscle man poses. I really wish they wouldn't do that.

My on-line "hit" stats looks a little like this: 8 "jerky jerks" to 1 "might be okay guys" But I'm having fun. I like the attention.

But I digress. Here's what I need help with. In my plan to find my soulmate, or just someone I like enough to put up with and vice versa, I'm trying a new strategy. Well, it's new to me. The concept of dating a few people at once. At least 4. See, that way I won't get "caught up" on just one. I'll get to go out and have a little fun, and I won't be in any hurry cuz there's always the other 3. One of my friends suggested I push the number up to 5 and only sleep with the 5th one. He'll just be the sex guy, which will prevent me from sleeping with the other 4 too soon. It's a good plan in theory, but I don't know if I can get all of that done in a few weeks. SO. Here's what I need from you guys. Give me some of your tips on just dating. Not getting too caught up. How do guys do that shit? I was never good at it. I always start picturing my self as Mrs. So and So, on the 2nd date. I don't say it out loud - but I do think it. I need some tips on taking it light and easy.

Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings. Give me what you got. Guys how do you manage not to give a shit until you are good and ready? Let me in on it - Pleeeeeze.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie, it is no shame. These days dating is an investment, so you must "serial date." It's the only way to make real time comparisons between your suitors.

Angie said...

@ JB : I think you may be right. I'll be blogging about my experiences with "serial dating". I like that term. : )

TDJ said...

Good luck in your new adventures! I don't have much advice, as I am married to my high school sweetheart. The one thing that I do tell my single friends - carry yourself as a strong, confident woman and don't let any man get away with treating you as anythign other than that. Can't wait to read the updates!