Saturday, July 20, 2013

Gardens, Wishes and Blessings.....



Tipsy sent me a picture of a diy project she just completed. Which led me to think about the many unfinished projects I have lying around. I haven't found a chair for Masons desk. The plant stand in the yard is still not sanded and painted. The new winter coverlets for mason's bed are not complete. And so on and so on.

So, I started feeling kinda blah. But! I remembered my plan to stay positive and keep a grateful heart. Which led me to think about a project that I had completed. My garden! Yes! My lovely garden. I reminisced on how beautiful it was to see my plants grow big and healthy. I was so happy with the first cucumber I could have danced. And I've enjoyed peppers, zucchini and lots of cherry tomatoes. That garden has been a wish blessing for me.

Someone once asked me, how I would live my life if I knew I could not fail. My reply was, "I'd be a writer, plant a garden and sit in my yard, drink lemonade and swing." At that moment those things were just wishes for me.......at that time I rarely thought my wishes would ever come to fruition.. But I do now. And I'm grateful for my wish blessing coming through. It reminds me of the possibilities......the ones I've wished for in prayers, through writing or in my mind. I will have them too, if they are good for me and when God decides I'm ready to handle them.

What do you wish for? What would you do if you couldn't fail?

1 comment:

M.O. said...

I wish your garden produced legal weed.