Tuesday, June 06, 2006

To Clown Or Not To Clown

What do you want to be when you grow up?

My mother says I once told her I wanted to be a clown. I do not remember that and I deny it vehemently when she recounts it at family gatherings. However, I am so silly I may have made a good clown.

On my way to work this morning I was thinking about the crazy stuff I talk about with my friends and family. There are certain people in my life that really bring out the silly in me.

My Kiddo and I are very silly together, we share the same sense of humor. We rib on each other and use silly voices. I'm proud to say I make her laugh like no one else. Baby Girl and I laugh at ourselves and our children, mostly her children. And we giggle at the silliest things, even at our grandfathers funeral. She doesn't laugh real hard often, but I love to hear it when she does.

Tipsy and I laugh at people we shouldn't laugh at and at inappropriate times. I know that's bad but it's fun. Spunky and I laugh at each other. She laughs at my New Orleanian speech and I laugh at her being the nosiest person I have ever met in my entire life. She also makes everything into a song and includes dance movements. I love it. I look forward to it. I even chime in.

In my relationship with Tipsy I am not allowed to sing. But on occasion I slip a note or two in....LOL There is someone else I laugh hysterically with. My cousin, I'll call her Tiny. She's a pretty little petite thing with a low scratchy voice and a huge personality. She and her family relocated to Houston Texas after hurricane Katrina. When we talk on the phone my face literally hurts from laughing. We make fun of everyone. We do impressions of people (dead and alive), we don't discriminate. We laugh at our lives and our children.

Maybe I did tell my mom I wanted to be a clown.

No comments: